Postdoctoral Training Announcement
Wholistic Health is a growing private practice located in Memphis, TN that provides individualized psychological care to children, teens, adults, and their families (www.wholistichc.com). This unique family-oriented practice, was founded by Dr. William Little approximately 30 years ago. His son, Dr. Will Little or junior, as he is called around the office, joined the practice in 2016. The clinical team is now looking to expand to meet the community demand. We are looking for additional psychologists to expand our assessment rotation and to provide further outpatient psychotherapy services.
The postdoctoral psychologist will be comfortable with the provision of psychological assessment to answer a number of referral questions (diagnostic clarification, fitness for surgery, disability, ect.) in both children and adult populations. Familiarity with cognitive, personality, and adaptive measures will be required.
Additionally, the psychologist will be proficient in the delivery of empirically supported individual and group psychotherapies. Candidates with experience working with children and families are preferred.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Complete psychological evaluations for diagnostic clarification and provide clear feedback to both the referral source and the patient.
- Provide integrated written reports of test findings.
- Administer psychometric evaluations for children and adolescents and identify ADHD, mood disorder, Autism Spectrum, and other behavioral diagnoses.
- Complete pre-surgical psychological evaluations for bariatric surgery and spinal simulator procedures will be helpful.
- Complete structured interviews and mental status examination for the purpose of disability determination or other specific referral questions.
- Use empirically supported psychotherapies (CBT, ACT, DBT, BA, etc.) for depression, anxiety, mood disorder, personality disorder will be required.
- Provide parent training interventions and behavioral modification for children and adolescents.
- Develop group therapy programming for individuals dealing with chronic pain, ASD, and more.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Doctoral-level psychologist, licensed with health service provider designation in the state of Tennessee.
- Experience working in community mental health settings
- Experience providing psychological assessments to both children and adult populations
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to ethical practice
- Experience working in dynamic generalist clinical environments
- Proficiency in case conceptualization and differential diagnosis
- Adequate knowledge of empirically supported psychotherapies
- Adequate understanding of developmental psychological theory, and the biopsychosocial model.
JOB TYPE: Full or Part-Time
- Competitive salary and/or performance-based compensation commensurate with experience and training
- One week of paid vacation and government holidays.
- Supervision will be provided at no cost and as needed to meet state licensure requirements.
- A successful postdoctoral year could lead to further employment opportunities.
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed as received. If you are interested please send a cover letter and CV to wholistichc@gmail. com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Team at Wholistic HC
September 28th, 2017
Licensed Counselor (LPC, LCSW, LPE, MSW )
Wholistic Healthcare Services (Wholistic HC) – Memphis, TN
- Wholistic Healthcare is a growing outpatient mental health private practice that is currently looking for a licensed counselor to expand our treatment team.
- We are seeking a licensed master's level provider who is competent in the provision of individual and group psychotherapy primarily with children, adolescents, and their families. Work with adult populations may also be required at times.
- Our office environment is a fluid and dynamic work setting and we pride ourselves on providing high quality clinical services in combination with excellent customer service.
- Successful candidates will have excellent knowledge of Cognitive Behavioral, Family Systems, and Developmental clinical perspectives/orientations.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of high quality counseling services with a diverse clinical population.
- Must be licensed to provide psychological/counseling services in the state of Tennessee at least the Master's level.
- At least two years of experience providing mental health services in a community based setting.
- Excellent knowledge of empirically supported psychotherapy for both child and adult populations.
- The ability to work independent and ethically within the community mental health setting.
- The candidate will be familiar with HIPPA compliance laws and regulations.
- Highly developed computer skills and abilities to work with Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) is required.
- Job type: Full-time: Negotiable
- If you would like to apply and meet the qualifications, please submit your Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Team at WHC